Registration desk for PPTR Conference in Grand hotel Union will be open:
- Sunday, December 4th from 16:00 to 19:00
All participants are advised to register on Sunday before Welcome reception if possible.
- Monday, December 5th from 7:30 to 18:00
- Tuesday & Wednesday registration desk will be open from 8:00 to 18:00
It is a great pleasure to invite you to participate in the 6th International Conference on the Physiology and Pharmacology of Temperature Regulation (PPTR) taking place from December 5th to December 9th, 2016 in Ljubljana, the capital city of Slovenia.
The 6th International Conference on the Physiology and Pharmaclogy of Temperature Regulation (PPTR) will bring together scientists with an interest in temperature regulation in various species across a broad range of themes, including:
- Behavioural regulation of body temperature
- Automonic and central pathways of body temperature regulation
- Torpor, hibernation and hypothermia
- Exercise temperature regulation
- Sleep and vigilance
- Thermal comfort
- Molecular thermal physiology and thermal sensation
- Evolutionary and comparative physiology of temperature regulation
- Medical applications of thermal physiology
- Impacts of climate change on health, adaptation and biogeography
- Thermal models and simulations
- Historical perspectives
About the meeting
Click to enlarge
The meeting will be held in Ljubljana, the capitol of Slovenia (Europe).
The scientific programme will include a mix of symposia, lectures, debates and a student competition.
A post-meeting ski symposium on the prevention and treatment of cold injuries is also being organised. Please see the Post-conference Ski Symposiim tab for more information.
We look forward to seeing you in Slovenia!
All activities of the 6th International Conference on the Physiology and Pharmacology of Temperature Regulation (PPTR) will take place in Grand Hotel Union in Ljubljana.
The society: PPTR
The International Society for the Physiology and Pharmacology of Temperature Regulation is a Subcommission of the Comparative Physiology Commission (Evolution, Adaptation & Environment) of the International Union of Physiological Sciences.
- December 1st, 2015: Abstract submission open
- September 23rd, 2016: Deadline for abstract submission
- October 7th, 2016: Notification of Abstract acceptance
- February 15th, 2016: Deadline for submission of proposals for SYMPOSIA
- March 1st, 2016: Notification of SYMPOSIA acceptance
- May 6th, 2016: Deadline for submission of final Symposia Programmes
(ie. Title, organisers, potential contributors, etc.)